Archive for September, 2004

Rockin’ On


Halfway there! I started the second skein of the KPPPM yesterday. The first skein took me about 31 inches so I should have a nice five foot scarf when I am finished. With any luck I’ll have this done within the next ten days or so and I’ll be able to wear it. A good thing too since the high’s here have been about 65 degrees during the day and 35 at night.

Pretty in Pink


Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride, hand dyed for the project
Needles: 8″ Sz 7 Brittany Birch DPNs, 16″ & 24″ Sz 8 Addi Turbo circulars
Pattern: A bastardized version of Berroco’s Po.

I can FINALLY post about this project, now that it’s been recieved.

This is the Super Secret Birthday Present. It’s a Poncho and Tam set complete with detachable rosette, made for Mar’s daughter’s second birthday. I had dyed the wool with this project in mind and had just enough to finish it all. Thankfully I had an unwilling body double in my own son (who does not look good in pink, BTW) to make sure it was going to easily fit for a while.

Overall I am very pleased with the way the set turned out. It looks great on Miss Monkey and I am sure she will get lots of wear and tear out of it. I can only hope however that Mar forgives me for sending something that may need to be hand washed…

Swatch On

I’ve been knitting, really!


See?

I got my swatch done for my Lorna’s Laces socks. I used size one needles for a nice tight fabric and am very pleased with the colourway looks. Now I just need the time to cast on for the first one. Of course, I might have that time if I didn’t get a bug up my ass and cast on for a quickie ribbed scarf made out of some Silk Garden I had in my stash. It should be done in the next day or two however and then I can get going on my socks!

Felted Backpack from Hell


Yarn: Cascade 220 in 420 and Noro Kureyon in 52.
Needles: Sz 10.5 32″ Addi Turbo circulars
Pattern: My own design

I finally hauled out all the pieces to the felted backpack from hell and put it together. It’s a gift for my Mom that I started way back in May. I can’t quite call it finished since that fabric that is sitting there is the lining of the bag. I’ll have to haul out my sewing machine to finish it up and then handstitch the lining in.

For the body I cast on 60 stitches and knit 34 rows using the 220 doubled. From there I picked up stitches around the edges and knit over 100 rounds before binding off. This made for a nicee thick body. The straps are also made of doubled 200 using a seed stitch to get a flat strap. The lid is made of Kureyon and everything was then felted to oblivion and blocked. I ended up using almost five skeins of the 220 and a full single skein of the Kureyon. Hopefully my Mom likes it and will be able to get a lot of use out of it.